What We’re Doing Today:
You will need two different Google Documents.
1. Research Google Doc (the one you created last time with your partner; this document is about your project in general)
2. Article #1 Google Doc (you will create this today; it will contain your first article)
Find one GOOD article for your research project.
1. List the following on your Research Google Document
a. Title of Article
c. Web Address (create a link as well)
2. Create a separate Google Document for the article.
3. Copy/Paste the CARS Checklist into the Article #1 Google Doc.
4. Answer each of the questions from the CARS Checklist about the article. Answer the questions by writing the information proving your “Yes” or “No” answer.
5. If the article passes the CARS Checklist, copy/paste the whole thing into your Article #1 Google Doc.
6. If you have time, find a second GOOD article.
Credibility (Can I trust this source?)
□ Does it have information about the author including name, job title, and organization?
□ Is the article located on an organization’s website (it is not a lone website)?
Accuracy (Is this information actually correct: up-to-date, factual, detailed, and
□ Was the article written recently (within the last 10 years)?
□ Does the article properly cite other evidence from outside sources?
□ Is the article is written by someone who is neutral (not biased, no conflict of interest)?
Reasonableness (Is the information fair, objective, moderate, and consistent?)
□ Is the article calm and rational (not trying to get you too emotional)?
□ Does the article avoid making exaggerated claims?
Support (Does the source make efforts to corroborate (prove) the information?)
□ Does the article provide citations or a bibliography about where the information came from?
□ Does the article makes claims and uses information that other good articles agree with?